Apologetics - Christian Evidences
Book Lessons 20-22
- How does M’Ilvaine define “prophecy”? What is Justin Martyr’s definition?
- Explain what “prophecy” is not.
- The foretelling of coming events was not the only function of prophets. Explain what else they did.
- What, according to Hopkins, are “the two grand pillars of Christian evidence"? p. 122
- What Bible prophet’s name was found in an archaeological dig? Where was it found?
- About which king, apparently, did he prophesy? p. 126
- The Documentary Hypothesis is also called the __ __ __ __ hypothesis. What do the letters stand for?
- The text cites biblical evidence for the Mosaic authorship of the Pentateuch. Write a paragraph which includes five pieces of evidence in support of this position.
- Did Jesus believe that Moses wrote the Pentateuch? Explain. (Matt.19:8; John 5: 46.47)
- Why should a Christian reject the Documentary Hypothesis?