Apologetics - Christian Evidences
Book Lessons 37-39
- How was the deity of Christ made known? Cite and quote at least one Scripture reference.
- Does the Old Testament prophesy the resurrection? Support your answer.
- Did the disciples believe that the resurrection was a fact? What price did they pay for their convictions?
- Did Jesus ever predict that He would rise from the dead? Cite four or five instances.
- How many appearances did Jesus make to various disciples or groups after his resurrection? Identify some of the most important appearances.
- List the five “monuments” that bear witness to the resurrection of Christ.
- How does the author explain this order: Christ – Church – Book ?
- Explain briefly the difference between the baptism of John and the baptism from Pentecost on.
- What did Lord George Lyttelton say was a demonstration sufficient to prove Christianity to be of divine revelation? What four propositions did he lay down to reach his conclusion?
- What explains Saul’s motive for making his turn-around from persecutor to staunch follower of Christ?
- Looking at the entire story of Saul’s conversion, give a brief statement as to what one or more things caused Saul to become a believer.