Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 3
- Who arrested Peter and John? What were the charges against them?
- How do you account for the boldness of Peter’s defense before the council?
- To what extent was Peter’s defense effective? Explain.
- What does the private consultation reveal about the character of the Jewish leaders?
- What was their instruction to Peter and John? Why?
- What was Peter’s reply?
- What do you think motivated the church to act as described in verses 32-37?
- What was the sin of Ananias and Sapphira? Explain.
- What may have tempted them to this sin?
- Why do you think they were stricken dead?
- What resulted from this incident?
- What charges are made and what defenses are set forth in Peter’s second appearance before the council? 5:21ff
- Give a summary of Gamaliel’s argument, verses 38, 39. Is it effective?
- How did the persecution by the council affect the apostles?
- Distinguish between the Grecian Jews and the Hebrews. Acts 6:1
- What problem arose in the church and how was it resolved?
- What does this incident teach us about handling problems in the church today?
- Describe the conflict that arose between Stephen and the Hellenistic Jews.