Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 2
- The day of Pentecost. Sum up the information which McGarvey presents about this special day. Meaning of the word? It occurs when? Other names for the event?
- Identify and describe the manifestations of miraculous power which occurred on the Pentecost of Acts 2.
- What was the miracle of tongues? Who spoke in tongues on that day?
- What various reactions were expressed by those who witnessed this happening?
- How do you account for a negative reaction?
- Any thoughts on the difference between the speaking in tongues on the day of Pentecost and contemporary “speaking in tongues”? (If not, proceed to the next question.)
- The word “preach” means to proclaim or announce. List the things Peter preached on this occasion.
- Harmonize: Salvation by grace (Ephesians 2:8) and the commandments of Acts 2:38.
- How many were added on the day of Pentecost, and to what were they added?
- What were the daily activities of the church in its first few months of existence?
- Explain the occasion and the healing of the lame man. What lessons are taught here?
- How did this miracle produce the desired effect and even more than was expected?
- Whose faith is referred to in 3:16? (p. 55) Explain.
- Explain why the Jews were not excused from guilt because of their ignorance of the deity of Christ.
- Give an adequate definition of "repentance."