Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 4
- Acts 7:1 “And the high priest said, ‘Are these things so?’ What are “these things” that the high priest is referring to?
- Stephen’s discourse, for the most part, doesn’t seem to answer the high priest. Does Stephen at some point get around to answering him? Explain.
- How did Saul participate in the death of Stephen?
- Luke sums up the activities that followed the death of Stephen. What were they?
- Give an account of the labors of Philip in Samaria. What was Simon’s response to Philip?
- Summarize the ministry of Peter and John in Samaria.
- What was the wicked proposal by Simon?
- How did Peter respond to Simon?
- For what purpose was Philip directed to go to the desert border of Gaza?
- Why was this area called “desert”?
- What do we learn about the Ethiopian eunuch?
- Who instigated the meeting of Philip and the eunuch? What is significant about this?
- Are there any lessons in personal evangelism to be learned from Philip’s example?
If so, explain one or two such lessons.
- What is included in “preached unto him Jesus”?
- Why do many theologians deny the fact of the eunuch’s immersion?
- What followed the immersion of the eunuch?