Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 6
- Peter says that “God is no respecter of persons.” How does he support this claim?
- What purpose was served when the Holy Spirit was poured on the Gentiles?
- What prompted Peter’s defense before the Christians in Jerusalem?
- What was the outcome of Peter’s defense? --short range and long range?
- What brought about the founding of the church in Antioch?
- Why was Barnabas sent to Antioch? (What did he do in Antioch?)
- For what purpose did Barnabas bring Saul to Antioch?
- For what purpose did Saul and Barnabas leave Antioch to go to Judea?
- How did Herod’s persecution of James and Peter affect the church?
- God saved Peter’s life and permitted James to die. Any thoughts on how to account for the difference?
- What does Luke say about the progress of the church following Herod’s death?
Note: Read Excursus A and answer the following questions:
- List the four objections offered to the possibility that baptism might have some connection with the remission of sins.
- List the four groups of Scriptures McGarvey offers as proof that there is a connection between baptism and the remission of sins. Identify each class.
- In one sentence, explain the relationship of baptism and the remission of sins.