Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 8
Vol. 2, pp. 53-74
- What conflict arose between the Jews and the Gentile disciples in Antioch?
- Who was responsible for introducing this conflict in Antioch?
- Why did Jewish Christians insist that Gentile Christians should keep the Law of Moses? (Consider McGarvey’s thoughts.)
- Was there any question in the minds of Paul and Barnabas concerning the will of God in this matter?
- What decision was made to help settle the conflict and come to a universal understanding?
- Sum up the points of Peter’s argument that Gentiles did not need to keep the Law of Moses.
- What was James’ summary of the discussion?
- Why the fourfold prohibition for Gentile converts listed here?
- What decision was made by the apostles and elders?
- How do we know that their decision was the will of God?
- How did the church in Antioch benefit from the report of the men who were sent to them?