Acts of the Apostles - Lesson 8
Paul's Second Missionary Journey
Vol. 2, pp. 75-145
- Paul’s second missionary journey was preceded by a squabble with Barnabas. Explain.
- Whom did Paul choose as his partner for this journey? What do we know about him?
- What are we told about Timothy in chapter 16? His home? His parents? His qualifications?
- Why did Paul have Timothy circumcised?
- Paul was not permitted to preach in two different provinces (territories). Tell this story briefly.
- What led Paul to travel to Macedonia to preach?
- Tell briefly the story of Lydia and her relationship with Paul.
- Paul and Silas spent some time in prison. Why were they imprisoned? How did they handle this experience? What were some positive results? Tell about their release.
- Compare Paul’s experiences in Thessalonica with those in Berea. Include positive and negative experiences.
- Describe the religious conditions that confronted Paul in the city of Athens. How did Paul respond? How was his message received?
- Compile a list of the people and specific groups of people who were converted by Paul on this journey. Identify chapter and verse for all of them.
- Identify the following people. Describe their experiences and the roles they played in the story of Paul and his co-workers.
- Epicurean philosophers
- Priscilla and Aquila
- Titus Justus