Apologetics - Christian Evidences
Book Lessons 32-34
- What does Josephus tell us about John the Baptist? What does he say about James, the brother of Jesus?
- What does Josephus say about Jesus?
- What did Tacitus, Suetonius, and Pliny the Younger say about Jesus in their writings?
- Give James Orr’s definition of a miracle.
- What three explanations about the purpose of miracles are presented in the New Testament? Cite important information contained in the Scriptures listed.
- List the three categories of New Testament miracles and give examples of each.
- Did Jesus’ contemporaries question the reality of signs and miracles?
- Identify, define, and give examples of the New Testament words for miracles.
- What did Sir Frederick G. Kenyon say about the New Testament manuscripts?
- Were any of the New Testament writings penned by eyewitnesses? Explain.
- With regard to the “external test,” the author poses this question: “Do other historical materials confirm or deny the internal testimony provided by the documents themselves?” How do the writings and testimonies of Eusebius, Papias, Irenaeus, and Polycarp help to answer this question?