Apologetics - Christian Evidences
Book Lessons 4-7
- The book says that “We cannot prove God by anything.” How does the author support this position? (What are some of his most helpful ideas?)
- How does the author explain the view that “God is unknowable”?
- In his natural state, man is ignorant and guilty. What antidote has God provided for man in this condition?
- What is natural [or general] revelation? Sum up some helpful information presented in the text.
- What are some limitations of general revelation? (p. 22)
- Define Christian theism.
- Define and explain pantheism.
- Define and explain deism.
- Dr. Frank Allen sets forth “four possible solutions to the problem of the origin of matter.” What are these four possible solutions?
- Give a summary of Dr. Allen's discussion of these theories. Which one does he accept?
- What are the two laws of thermodynamics? How do they cause problems for the theory that matter is eternal?