Apologetics - Christian Evidences
Book Lessons 16-19
- According to Joseph Fletcher, what is situation ethics?
- What is antinomianism? What is legalism?
- How does the book support the position that the Bible presents an absolute standard of right and wrong? (p. 76)
- We are told that the purpose of archaeology is not to prove the Bible true. What, then, is the purpose of archaeology with regard to the Bible?
- What, specifically, are some of the items which archaeologists look for -- and find?
- What is Biblical archaeology? (p. 79)
- Choose section IV. (p. 82) or V. (p. 83), and give a brief account of the archaeological finds that support the biblical records.
- Ernest Renan, an unbeliever, visited the land where Jesus lived. Describe the impact of this visit on him. (p. 92)
- Identify some “Manners and Customs of Palestine.” (pp. 98, 99)
- Define “canon” as used in this text.
- What is the Septuagint?
- What is the Apochrypha? Ferrell Jenkins gives some reasons for rejecting the apochryphal books. Identify four of these reasons?
- What important find during the 20th century “provides new knowledge of the history, literature and religion of the intertestamental period”? Does it contain any fragments of the Old Testament books? Explain.
- How many handwritten manuscripts of the New Testament have been preserved? How does the quality of the New Testament manuscripts compare with those of Sophocles, Horace, and other ancient writers?